Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Having Fun in the Mountains

My family spent the weekend in Big Bear. We all stayed in one big house with my cousins (Chase, Hallee, Kanan and Katie), Nana & Tata, Uncles & Aunts (Kevin & Reba, Mike & Randee, Ashley, Jarod & Bree). It was a lot of fun. Here are some of the things we did while we were there.

Cousin Chase and I played Star Wars with Hannah and Hallee.

We stopped at a Hot Rod Car show and saw some very cool old cars.

And this Army thing. (I'm holding my pretend rifle.)


And this super-cool low-rider that looks just like Ramon on the Cars movie!

Then we all rode up a mountain on a ski lift so we could ride down the Alpine Slide on tobbogans. This is Hannah and My Aunt Randee going up.



And this is me and Daddy coming down. We went really fast!


This is Ashley and baby Kanan on the Alpine slide.


Hannah was big enough to ride down by herself.


So was Chase.

Here we are at the Discovery Center. We went on a nature hike and learned lots of great stuff about Big Bear Mountain and Lake. And we made animal track casts. I made a racoon paw print.


Best of all, we rented a pontoon boat and toured the lake! Here's Hannah sitting up front.

And Hallee driving.


Nic wasn't too comfortable in the lifevest he had to wear.


And, of course, I got to drive, too. In fact, all the kids got to drive! It was really fun. I made the boat go fast and slow. We had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Max! I didnt know you went to Big Bear! I'm jealous because alpine slides are one of my favorite things to do in the whole world! And I didnt know you could drive a boat. Pretty amazing! I just hope you didnt drive that tank though, because that could be scary! .....I had a great day at "Max and Hannah Day". The whole school sends their love to you Max! See you soon buddy!

Love Ms Ginn