Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bessie & Mr. Inspiration

Today Bessie came home with me from school. (She's our classroom bear and we all take turns taking her home for the night.) Tonight Bessie and I went to the big kid school, Solana Pacific.

Ms. Weitz was there!
So was my whole family, my Nana & Tata, and my Papa.
I wasn't sure what to expect and I felt a little nervous. My mom told me that Mr. Benson, our Principal, would call my name and I would walk to the front of the room (that was filled with like 100's of people!) and he would say some nice things about me that Ms. Weitz wrote.
And that's exactly what happened!

After Mr. Benson spoke I was given my award. It's real fancy and framed. It says:
The Superintendent and Solana Beach School District Board of Trustees
Recognize & Congratulate
MAX MIKULAK
Recipient of the Solana Highlands School
Kindergarten Student Inspiration Award for
Courage & Effort


One kid from each grade in our school received an award. Some kids received the same award as me, others received their award for being a great leader, a good friend or for academic improvement.

These are all the kids who got awards from all the schools in our district. They are all very amazing and have made great efforts during this school year. I was glad to be standing with all these great kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max!!! I am so proud of you for your Inspiration Award!!! You truly inspire me everyday and I am honored to have you as my friend! Bessie sure was one lucky bear to have seen the ceremony. I will see you in school! Cant wait to see more of your awesome Star Wars drawings! Love, Ms. Ginn

marianna said...

Dear Max,
I really liked looking at your blog! I wish that you could come to school more. I hope that you feel better tomorrow. I miss you. you are a very good friend and i like to eat lunch with you.
love Marianna.