Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Celebration Weekend

This weekend was the Celebration of Champions. It's a day when all us chemotherapy kids get to run in a race and celebrate our strengths together. I ran in it last year and had a lot of fun.
But this Saturday morning I didn't feel good at all. I felt like I was going to throw up all morning, so this year we skipped the big event. (I don't think I would've had much fun feeling like I did.)
Luckily, I have a very inventive family! We had a BBQ at my cousins house (Mike, Amanda, Chase and Hallee) and they set-up my very own Celebration!

Aunt Randee had a super cool banner made that says, "Live Life to the Max" and we all walked across the yard, through the finish line tape and had a ribbon ceremony!

It was totally cool!


This is me after cousin Amanda awarded me with my medal.

This is my cousin Hallee, me, my banner!, cousin Chase and Hannah after the big event. Thanks everyone for making me feel like a Champion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Max
we loved your gold medal ceremony!!
Cool!!
love,
room 4