Sunday, March 18, 2007

Vermont, Sick, Snow

My Dad, Mom, Hannah and I went to Vermont for my last visit with Dr. Sholler. March 14-17. I hope I don't have to go back there again, because the plane ride is way too long. (Especially since I was just coming down with the stomache flu.) As usual, there was hardly any snow when we arrived. The snow that was piled up everywhere was like great big crunchy ice-blocks.

We stayed at a hotel this time which was fun because we got to order room-service for breakfast everyday. We also had dinner in there for two nights because I just wasn't up to going out. We ordered a movie on the TV and watched "Open Season." Very funny!

Hannah and I got to visit the Ronald McDonald House for the whole day on Friday while mom and dad went to a meeting. This was Hannah's first time there. She had a lot of fun. I ended up sleeping for 5 hours while she and our really nice babysitter, Miss Vicki, entertained each other.

Friday night it started snowing. Little, teeny, tiny flakes all night long. When we went to bed there was little dusting of snow on all the cars. When we woke up in the morning, Whoa! Everything was covered with 10 inches of snow! It was beautiful! Fun, too... Dad and I went out driving in the car and punched through small snow banks and slid around a little. It was super freezy outside so I didn't want to go play, but Hannah did. She's a nut. She tried to make snowballs but the snow was so dry and powdery it wouldn't stick together. Isn't that weird?

Our flight home was canceled Saturday morning due to the snow, but we were able to catch a plane later in the afternoon. I slept most of the way home dreaming of getting back to school!

No comments: